Fall is my favorite season. I love the way the air smells and I love the look of autumn leaves.
(taken in Fügen, Tyrol, Austria – Oct. 2015)
I also love the excuse the coming colder weather gives to make warm and hearty soup.
Today’s creation was inspired by a 10-bean blend pouch I picked up last week..
Simple 10 Bean & Veggie Soup Ingredients:
- Choice of dry beans, soaked overnight
- (Black Beans, Lentils, Green Split Peas, Pinto Beans, Small White Beans, Red Lentils, Yellow Split Peas, Pearl Barley, Small Red Beans, Adzuki Beans)
- Fav. veggie broth or seasoning
- Fav. chopped veggies
- (Carrots, Asparagus, Yellow Pearl Onions)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Simple 10 Bean & Veggie Soup Directions:
- Bring broth to a slow boil, add rinsed beans
- Chop and add veggies
- Add salt and pepper
- Cover and simmer for ~1 hour